Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sidekick Saturday [25] Leather Clad

Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fit's in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well
This week's challenge is LEATHER CLAD! Yikes! 
I'm a total paranormal romance girl and I can't think of any of those hunky reckless men in leather. I checked my Goodreads shelf but it went like this, "Surely he wore leather. He's a total leather kind of guy. Or him, no wait, is a duster a leather coat or just a coat?" So I went with duster and Dimitri from Vampire Academy. I bet in the movie the coat will be made of leather for sure. I also thought of Kist from The Hollows Series because he rides a bike and because I can just see his ass in leather pants. Okay, sidetracked there. I thought of Ivy because it seems vamps in Kim Harrison's dark world love their supple leather. Rachel constantly mentions her "vamp boots." I'll do better next week. Promise!

I asked my mom and sister, but my mom has her thoughts focused where mine should be, the big move coming in three weeks. Shan's been on a Darynda Jones kick and she chose Donovan who doesn't show up until the third book. She told me he's the leader of a biker gang. Her eyes lit up when she talked about him, so I'm guessing he's a hottie, a mix of good and bad, and a potential love interest for the main character. I haven't started this series yet, but it's on the never ending list.

That's all I have. Next week is 1/3 of a love triangle. I got that one. I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

  1. Dimitri's Duster will for sure be leather in the movie! You know it ;) I'm interested in the Darynda Jones series - Donovan sounds VERY interesting so tell Shan thanks for sharing. Sorry this one was such a toughie! I thought it would spice our week up a bit. I'm actually a little surprised you didn't go with Eve Rosser since she's always sporting a leather choker :D I love your choices though and don't forget to tell your sis thanks for info on the hottie! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God! I can't believe I didn't think of Eve. What the heck?! I totally let her down as her book bestie. I'll pass the message along to Shan. She'll be thrilled! This month's challenges sound great. I thought I'd breeze through this one, but my brain went blank. Aussie Bookworm chose a leather clad girl and I still forgot Eve.

      Delete